Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Lil Wayne On Jail: “I Just Say I’m Looking Forward To It.”

Of course Lil Wayne is looking forward to jail. *Confused Look*So in about seven days, Lil Weezy is set to hit the big house for about 365 days. If you haven’t noticed, Mr. Carter has been pretty much everywhere.

From performing around the country, appearing in a sh*tload of videos and popping up at every party on from here to Australia (not really, but you get my drift) this man has been going non stop.

Earlier today Rolling Stone revealed the cover to their latest issue with a shirtless Wayne on the cover. They also posted an excerpt from the interview. Check it out, below.

“I don’t like to stop,” Wayne tells RS‘ Chris Norris. “I believe you stop when you die.” So in the weeks before he reports to Rikers Island, Wayne is keeping busy — recording tracks bound for Tha Carter IV (the album Cash Money staffers call “C4? because it’ll be the bomb), shooting videos with his Young Money protégés, spending time with his growing family, and deliberately not asking anyone for advice about life on the inside. “This is Lil Wayne going to jail. Nobody I can talk to can tell me what that’s like,” he says. “I just say I’m looking forward to it.”

Interesting. I’ll just leave it at that lol. Anyway, how much do you think this will affect Lil Wayne’s brand as a whole? And how much will the Young Money camp suffer from this?

It seems like they’re starting to get a solid push going, but with their leader behind bars how much will the public pay attention to them? Can Drake and Nicki Minaj carry the load while trying to prevail in their own careers?

0 Comments: