Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Gucci Mane: “No One Can Say They’re The Best Anything”

Gucci Mane speaks from behind bars for the March issue of XXL…..XXL finally unleashed its March issue to the masses (or the bootleggers distributed them to the underground newsstands) and the topic of discussion for this go round is Gucci Mane.

Unfortunately for the trap star, the next 7 months will be spent behind the cold walls of Fulton County jail. Yet, the minor set back has only increased Gucci’s visibility as he STILL conquers a good portion of the mixtape circuit and continues to pop up on your favorite rapper/R&B crooners single.

Vanessa Satten sat down with Radric Davis for an EXTENSIVE Q&A to see what kind of mind state Gucci possessed during the first couple of days of his bid. Discussing his since resolved feud with Young Jeezy to how he feels about Kid Cudi, Kanye, Drae and Wale’s music, Gucci laid it all out on the table.

However, one response raised and eyebrow and I’d like to share it with you guys…if that’s ok? Check it out below…
Gucci Mane on Jay-Z, T.I., Lil Wayne and other artists self proclaiming themselves the best…..

Gucci Mane: I just feel like no one person can do that. No one can say, “I’m the best up north,” or “I’m the best down south,” or I’m the best on the West Coast.” You have to let the fans do that.

Jay’s name was a factor in this case because Gucci claims Hov said, “I like Jeezy, so I don’t like Gucci Mane.” As to why Jay doesn’t like Gucci is unclear, at least to me, but I do understand his stance. However, I also understand the concept of riding with your team and remaining loyal. I guess it all depends on what type of person you are and how you were raised.

What are your thoughts?????

0 Comments: