Wednesday, August 9, 2017

50 Cent Mocks Empire’s Poor Ratings; Gabrielle Union Assumed He Was Attacking Her TV Series




50 Cent taunted the producers of FOX TV’s Empire on Instagram.com on Monday. Empire was once considered competition for the rapper’s hit Starz cable series Power.

The 42-year-old rapper-turned-actor tried to stir up trouble with producer/director Lee Daniels over Empire‘s increasingly poor ratings.
The ratings for Empire‘s third season ended down 37%, while Fiddy’s Power TV ratings grows stronger. 50 Cent plans to move the series to BET network.
“Remember that other show that thought they were in competition with Power, what happened to it? I don’t hear anyone talking sh-t anymore. Now I’m gonna take over BET,” wrote 50, who plans to move his series to BET Network.
Actress Gabrielle Union, who is known to be ultra sensitive on social media, reacted to Fiddy’s post as if it was directed at her low-rated TV series, Being Mary Jane.
“I don’t compete with other artists, only celebrate,” Gabby wrote on Instagram.com.
She added: “(There’s) enough space for all of us to succeed. Cheers to Power and cheers to other creative folks uplifting each other. ALL our programming could use more shine… I know that celebrating others in no way dims my shine. Keep shining @50cent.”
50 Cent responded to the confused actress with tact and class, saying he was a fan of her husband, NBA star Dwyane Wade.
“@gabunion I’m never gonna argue with you because your Wades lady. I like Wade, I got a lot of respect for him. This post has nothing to do with you, but you know I’m gonna be #1 at BET, and I want you to know your Mary Jane show is welcome to stay on my network. LOL.”
Gabby’s show could use the boost in exposure. The ratings for the 2nd half of season 4 of Being Mary Jane, which premiered on August 1, 2017, dipped 25% from the season 4 opener in January, which was was down a dramatic 46% from the previous year.
50 Cent

0 Comments: