Thursday, June 17, 2010

Photo Opp: The Dream’s “LoveKing” Listening Party At Ink 48 In NYC


Last night, The-Dream held a private (well not really private because everyone and their mother was in attendance) listening session for his third and final album, LoveKing on the rooftop of Ink 48 in midtown Manhattan.

Team Def Jam (shouts to Jamal, Lenny S, JD, Sav, Jenya, Steve-O and the rest of the team) packed the sexy rooftop with the industry’s top tastemakers, troublemakers (raises hand), artists, socialites and everyone in between. In addition, Moet & Chandon supplied all of the attendees with bottles, bottles, bottles and MORE bottles of free Rose throughout the evening.


After arriving around 7:45, personnel for the event played the waiting game which actually packed the hotel lobby and made things a bit confusing, but around 8:15, the doors were opened and the mischief began. I honestly wish I took a shot of the view of the skyline during sun set, because as I was watching it thinking about my dreams and aspirations, I shed several tears of joy knowing that my next glass of Rose was FREE.


Idris Elba arrived later on in the evening and tickled the turntables with a couple throwbacks that had me two stepping in several areas of the lounge. The-Dream arrived at a time that I can’t recall, because remember the Rose was FREE, and began playing several tracks from the album.


It probably was a little weird that was I singing along to some of the tracks since this was the first time everyone was actually hearing it. So, remembering that, I piped down and took another sip of Rose. 10 minutes later, I was back at singing more lyrics.

Let it be known, this was one SEXY ass event. And not because I was wearing my “@LowKeyUHTN ” shirt (yes my branding game is mean), but the vibes, weather, music, people and total ambiance was at a level 10 the entire night. Don’t believe me, check out some exclusive photos from PhotosByRome below- he did a good job didn’t he??

0 Comments: