Friday, March 15, 2013

[Fan Submitted] I Met Rick Ross

Ever since we started our ‘I Met A Celebrity’ series, the fan-submitted stories have been pretty good, however, not everyone has had a positive or touching experience. According to one reader, she had a not-so-pleasant experience when she saw Rick Ross at a restaurant in LA.

Hello Necole,
Just want to start off by saying I LOVE YOUR BLOG! :)
I’m not sure if this would get published but I always read your “I met a celebrity” articles and fans are always writing positive posts about who they met followed up with a nice picture of them with the artists… My story, however isn’t as pleasant.
The weekend of Valentine’s day, my significant other and I took a trip to LA from Oakland, CA and we went to BOA Steakhouse for my birthday. At the time we were HUGE Rick Ross & MMG fans, I mean huge. Down to buying every album, to attending concerts and making our own MMG clothing gear for us to wear. As we were sitting at the bar, my back was turned against the entrance and what do you know… Rick Ross walks in! My boyfriend was in complete shock. He goes, “OMG babe guess who the F just walked in… Rick Ross!!!!” I was in disbelief so I turned around and and saw this big guy in a suede track suit with an enormous gold chain walking in with DJ Khaled. (keep in mind, I’m from Oakland and I don’t see celebrities on an average day… I’m sorry)
Rick Ross walks near us and I took a picture of him and I said.. “Wow I’m a huge fan!” He looks directly in my eyes and gave me the most looked down upon facial expression and walked right past us. My boyfriend says to him, ” Can we get a picture?” And his 5 foot 5 security guard pushes us back and says ” do not disturb him”. Necole, I was so disturbed after this incident. I have never ever felt so abused! Here we are as real fans supporting your music and everything you do and you can’t acknowledge us?! I don’t mean to sound vain but seriously, not even a nod, a thank you for your support, nothing. Keep in mind I am a 5’2″ Asian girl and my boyfriend is 5’10″. We were not 50 fans bum rushing him. I get the fact that we were in an intimate peaceful restaurant but as a “boss rapper” it’s a shame to see the fame we feed into that creates such individuals who can’t even acknowledge the ones who helped them get there.
The bartender was a really cool chick, after we were rejected she tells us that celebrities come in here all the time and since everyone is “so Hollywood” here, they don’t pay attention to any celebrities. We apologize we’re not from LA and were extremely excited to see someone we love to listen to. A couple of minutes after, we saw Anthony Hamilton standing by the door and in all honesty, we were afraid to say anything. He looked at us looking at him and he bowed his head and gave us a nod as if he somehow knew what was going on with Rick Ross, then he left.
Now I see how full of bs a lot of these rappers are and a lot of celebrities are and it saddens me. It makes me question many things such as supporting their music and tuning into their lives.
Note to self: Do not approach Ricky Rozay before dinner…

0 Comments: