Monday, December 20, 2010

Shots Being Fired At Nicki Minaj's Barbie World By Lil Kim & Nicki's Former Manager

Well it seems like Nicki Minaj is not very popular amongst some people these days. Nicki's former manager--Waka Flacka's mom Deb Antney--sat down with VIBE.com to discuss what she thought of the Harijuku Barbie's album. And her comments weren't very nice. Meanwhile Lil Kim sat down with Hot 97 radio personality Angie Martinez on Friday, and took the opportunity to throw a few more jabs towards her rap adversary. Read on to hear both interviews....

Nicki Minaj's former manager Deb Antney, who also happens to be Waka Flocka's mother, is disappointed in the direction that Nicki has chosen to go with her music and she wasted no time expressng it in her new VIBE.com interview:

Its's terrible. I like some stuff, but she went too left. I don't think people were ready for her to come [out with pop]. When I had Nicki, I really wanted her to sing. That's why I took her for training cause Nicki loves singing, but she kept saying to me, 'Deb, I can't do it yet because people won't understand.' And that's why the [rap] mixture was done to introduce them to all of Nicki. I think [Pink Friday] was very disappointing to a lot of her fans. She didn't need a lot of [the] features. That was one of the biggest things like... you gave people so many features, give them you now. Nicki could be so much better because—outside of anything that people say—she's very multi-talented. I really wish that she would learn to be more of an artist.

I didn't particularly care for ["Roman's Revenge"], but when Eminem came in I liked it. He made the song. [Nicki] didn't have to go there with [Lil' Kim]. My views on that is that she came too far to go back that route.

Are these harsh words of criticism being spewed because Nicki fired Deb back in April then rose to success on the charts right after or was Pink Friday really "terrible." I mean, I for damn sure aint the biggest Nicki Barb out there, but Deb can't seriously think her son, Waka Flocka is really putting out quality music either. Maybe she needs to worry about her son's recent arrest. But I digress.

Lil Kim is making her media rounds dissing Nicki Minaj as usual. Yesterday she hit up the Angie Martinez show to discuss their ongoing beef. She admits that when Nicki first hit the scene, she saw it as a great oppurtunity to get back into the game.

“I looked at her buzz as a way for me to kind of come back in. As a businesswoman it will be good for people to see me with her… In my eyes I needed that exposure.”

But all that changed when, according to Kim, Nicki started taking subliminal shots at her. I'm starting to get tired of this "he said, she said" bs. Produce the tapes and fight it out or shut it. Anyways, peep the vid of Lil Kim on the Angie Martinez show:

Well there you have it. Kim is not letting go of the beef anytime soon. She did make some interesting points though.

0 Comments: