Friday, September 24, 2010

Ciara Talks Keri Hilson Comparisons

ciara hq e1285268482268 Ciara Talks Keri Hilson Comparisons

Ever since Keri Hilson’s ‘alternate’ version of ‘Turnin’ Me On’ hit the net last year, rumours have been running rampant of a rift between her and Ciara – understandable given Hilson’s apparent shot at the ‘Ride’ singer in the song.

Having maintained a dignified silence on Hilson (for the most part), Ciara addressed the suggestion that the fellow Atlanta-native had replaced her in a recent interview with XXL.

Check out what she had to say after the jump…

“There’s a very, very strong difference between myself and Keri. So I’m not even in that space to go there. I’m way past that mentally and creatively… It’s best that I give my fans what they want,” Ciara told XXL in their October issue when asked if Hilson had jacked her swag. “It would be crazy to say I haven’t heard that question before, but mentally I’m not even there…”

I honestly don’t feel like my spot has ever been taken. If you place Rihanna and Beyoncé aside of each other, you would be able to see clearly that there’s a difference…I’m just pushing to be the best in my own world.’ {Source}

Call us late, but this has to be first we’re hearing about Hilson supposedly ‘replacing’ Ciara. Despite appreciating what each brings to the industry table, it goes without saying as to who the more successful of the two is – and who remains the bigger name. Push-backs or otherwise.

0 Comments: