Wednesday, June 16, 2010

T.I. Talks Giving Drake Career Advice & “Fancy”

If anyone can give career advice, it damn sure is Clifford Harris.

Before Drake’s collaboration with T.I. on “Fancy” was even a thought, Drizzy made sure he snatched some advice from the King of The South.

It’s apparent T.I.’s presence has never faded throughout the years, so Drizzy made it a point to get a few pointers from Mr. Harris. T.I. said of he and Drake’s meeting, “I met Drake when his manager and my potna Gee Roberson brought him to my hotel room in L.A. like a week before I was finna go [to jail]. It might have been a month earlier. We just chopped it up for a few hours. 


He was asking my advice on how to effectively remain relevant. Not really remain relevant, but how to do this shit and not lose passion for it. So, I gave the best advice I could. I just see him as someone who has a good idea of who they are and is not trying to pretend to be something they aren’t and you have to respect someone for that.”

As for the “Fancy” collaboration, T.I. spills, “['Fancy'] was done recently. I just did it like three or four weeks ago. Drake sent it to his manager, and me and his manager speak a lot. It’s about girls who take pride in their upkeep.”

0 Comments: